World Excellence Awards Limited
11a High Street
Director: Professor Martin Gill
Registered in England and Wales: 09093148
Registered Office: Linden House, Linden Close, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8HH
OSPAs and TECAS Privacy Notice (How we use contact data information)
This POLICY and the GDPR
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation, a European privacy law approved by the European Commission in 2016, but became officially enforceable on 25th May 2018.
The objective of the GDPR is to strengthen, harmonise, and modernise EU data protection law and enhance individual rights and freedoms, consistent with the European understanding of privacy as a fundamental human right. The GDPR regulates, among other things, how individuals and organisations may obtain, use, store, and eliminate personal data. It applies to any organisation processing personal data of EU citizens.
Personal data now includes not only data that is commonly considered to be personal in nature (e.g. names, physical addresses, email addresses), but also data such as IP addresses, behavioural data, location data, financial information, and more.
Please note: The Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs) and the Tackling Economic Crime Awards (TECAs) both belong to the World Excellence Awards company.
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
For Newsletter & Update Information
- Personal information (name and email) so that we can keep you informed of insights, new reports and future events
For OSPAs and TECAs entrants information that you give to us:
- Personal information (such as name, role, email, telephone details)
- Event entry contract information (name, address, company, role)
- Business achievements and line of work so that we can include you in the judging process
Why we collect and use this information
We use individual information data to:
- Enable the development of a comprehensive picture of those interested in security and tackling economic crime to assist with greater knowledge and awareness of these industries
- Processing of events, forms and payments
- Sharing data with the employee team to provide information about events, activities, membership renewals or invitation to events
- Keep individuals informed of business newsletter & updates promoting business activity
- Publishing of events, certification, reports, insights and event winners
- General communications to main database on industry issues
We use OSPAs and TECAs event entrant, judging and presenter information to:
- Complete event administration and enter a person into our awards process
- Maintain a historic record of event entries on an individual basis to be able to recognise longstanding participation
- Maintain a record of judges and the judging process to insure a fair and objective process open to scrutiny
The lawful basis on which we process this information
We process this information, respectively, under:
- The consent implied through provision of name and email to be kept informed of updates, news and events; individuals have been given the option to ‘opt-out’
- Consent for those individuals and businesses that entered and judges that agreed to participate in OSPAs or TECAs events to assess merits of the entries and to be publicised as part of the event process, recognition and publicity.
Where information of a non-sensitive nature is processed and is therefore in PRCI’s legitimate interests i.e. membership of SRI, registered entrants (awards, events), registered for SE certification, commissioning and/ or purchasing of research. Where sensitive data is processed by means of consent, with appropriate safeguards and is in the legitimate interests of the business or is in your vital interests.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation, We will inform you whether you are required to provide certain business information or ‘award’ ie criteria information to us or if you have a choice in this.
If we rely on your consent for collecting your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do so please contact the Business Administrator via email at email@example.com
Storing this information
OSPAs and TECAs – we hold this information for as long as you are interested in being served updates, insights, and or news about the security industry and tackling economic crime industry.
Who we share this information with
We do not share any information with any third parties. But we do store the data on a GDPR compliant platform – Dropbox.
General mailing database – we do not share any information with any other party.
OSPAs and TECAs – we share data information for winners only for the purpose of engraving trophies; with media for promoting their awards and publishing the results
We do not share contact details or emergency contact details nor do we sell them to any third party.
Why we share information
We do not share information about members with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We share certain OSPAs and TECAs winners’ information with an external supplier for trophy purposes. We share OSPAs and TECAs finalists and winners names and business data as part of publicity agreed with the finalists and winners when they enter for the awards. We do not share contact details or emergency contact details.
You have rights as an individual that you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. These include the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
You can read more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact the Business Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints or queries
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the Business Administrator via email at email@example.com or the MD at firstname.lastname@example.org