The ‘Entrants’ Code of Ethics’ is set out to define the standards required of a participant. This is to maintain the values of integrity and impartiality within the awards scheme. Before submitting an entry the conditions of entry must be read and accepted.
Conditions of entry
- Entrants must be working in or from the UK.
- Entries must be submitted through the official channel on the website.
- Entrants must complete the entry form to the best of their ability and must use accurate and honest information. If any information is found to be inaccurate the entrant will be disqualified.
- No alterations may be made to nominations which have been submitted
- A company or individual can enter more than one award category, providing all the requirements are met. The evidence presented in each award category needs to show outstanding performance in that category.
- Any attempt to gain unfair advantage at any point during the process will result in immediate disqualification.
- The TECAs judging panel are responsible for determining the winners of each category. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The decision of the judges must be respected and, by entering the TECAs, entrants accept this condition.
- Please note that we do not anonymise the entries. Our experience has led us to let the judges see the entry in full so that they can help ensure that no award is given to anyone unworthy. That stated, please be assured that judges will mark the entry based only on the information that has been provided. By limiting the entry to short text-based answers the TECAs aims to create a level playing field where, for example, small and large companies can compete fairly. Moreover, we have found that long answers are not necessarily good ones and being required to think about and focus on the information most relevant to the judges can be helpful; it is quality not quantity that we value.
- All entries to the TECAs must be received before the deadline. Entries received after this time may be disqualified.
- No Judge will be permitted to enter any category as an individual.
Obligations to the TECAs
- Entrants accept that by entering the TECAs their entry is subject to scrutiny by our team and the judging panel.
- Entrants must be prepared to submit additional evidence or provide reasonable support for any relevant points raised or answers to any queries that may arise.
- All entrants must accept that all those shortlisted for an award will be published and company or individual details may be used in pre-event and post-event publications to recognise the awards.
- All those shortlisted are expected to attend the awards ceremony, or send a representative on their behalf that can collect the award if they become a winner on the night.
- The TECAs reserves the right to use all or part of the material entered on the nomination form for promotion of the awards. Under no circumstances shall the organisers be held responsible for the payment of royalties or other charges for the use of materials provided in support of the awards.
- All entries become the property of the TECAs on submission. No entries will be returned.
- Entrants accept that our team reserves the right to not award a category if circumstances deem that necessary.